The Design Teams brief was an invitation to Thanksgiving or Christmas that is Interactive.
I wanted to create something a little different I did contemplate just making a shaker but then I quite like the idea of revealing the date. I think it works really well. I wanted to step away from the tradition Christmas colours as well.
There is a video on my YouTube channel Mrs H's Crafty Corner
Card Making Supplies
Polkadoodles digi stamp Winnie Rolling Snowball
Polkadoodles digi bundle Winnie White Christmas Alphabet
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
Nuvo Drops in Antique Rose
A4 blue card
A5 white card
Rose Gold Card
Pull Tab Die
Stitched Rectangle Nesting Dies
Stitched Star Dies
To begin I sized and printed my image and the words you are invited, onto smooth card stock suitable for alcohol markers.
I then printed the same image with the date and time in the snowball on normal printed paper.
I coloured the original image and die cut with a stitched rectangle
Using the rust card and a largest stitched rectangle die I cut a another rectangle
Using a craft knife I cut the snowball from the image
With my largest rectangle die I cut a piece of white card, and positioned my pull tab insert and a stitched star die
With the smaller stars I cut a number of rust and a number of rose gold stars
The image that had been printed with the date and time was mounted onto the rust rectangle and adhered to the white card with double sided tape.
The coloured image was then lined up over the top so the information could be seen through the cutout snowball
The slit was die cut in
A piece of acetate was glued over the inside of the star.
The pull tab was secured. Foam tape was place around the edges of the star and it was filled with silver sequins
A piece of rose gold card was adhered to the back of this to secure the shaker element.
Foam tape was run around the edges and this was adhered to the blue a4 card to form a card base
The die cut stars were added around the edges
Then silvers sequins and nuvo drops were spotted around
The pull tab was was accessorised with the rust card.
This card was very time consuming and one of those that you end up doing numerous times, I had the pull tab too high, then too low, then glued the acetate onto the wrong side.
But I am so glad I persevered as I really do love the finished product.
This is being entered into the following challenges
Thank you for reading